Sue Robb of 4Children talks to Julie Laughton and Alison Britton from the Department for Education about the role of childminders in delivering the 30 hours free entitlement.
Templa Computer Systems
Templa Computer Systems is a UK-based software developer with 40 years’ experience developing software solutions for commercial businesses across a wide range of market sectors.
In combination with our long-standing accreditation as a reseller for a leading UK financial accounting package, we have built many years of expertise in delivering fully integrated software solutions. Whether it be completely bespoke software, or total systems integration with an organisation’s own back office or line of business solutions, Templa has successfully delivered world class, quality driven software to hundreds of clients.
Since 2009, we have focused on developing TemplaCMS our fully integrated contract management system for the facilities management industry, with a particular emphasis on multi-site services. We have developed this award-winning solution in conjunction with industry members, whose particular challenges have been poorly catered for by off-the-shelf business software. TemplaCMS helps organisations manage budgets and revenue, gives clear visibility of all expenditure, and manages service delivery. It supports administration, finance, payroll, operations and customer service teams in their roles.
Who can use TemplaCMS?
- Any organisation managing in-house services across a number of widespread sites or locations.
- Organisations who deliver services in-house, but also treat the provision of such services as an income stream by tendering for contracts issued by other authorities.
- Contractors working on an outsourced basis on behalf of organisations delivering multi-site services. TemplaCMS can interface to public authority IT systems where an outsourced contractor using the software is working in partnership with the authority as part of joint venture.
TemplaCMS software is designed using the latest Microsoft © technology and is suitable for organisations of all sizes wishing to establish a solid software-driven foundation for their activities, one that will be with them for many years to come, and that will continue to evolve with the emerging technologies and the evolving requirements of the facilities management industry.
Templa is fully committed to working with the UK facilities industry, its trade bodies and other member companies, to deliver a software solution that provides the tools with which stakeholders can implement a paperless office and support their organisation’s contribution to a greener environment.
What problems does TemplaCMS solve?
Organisations delivering multi-site services faced five major areas of frustration:-
- Lack of budget control, especially within pay, holiday, national insurance and materials usage
- Inability to analyse financial performance at task, site or client level
- Unwieldy and unreliable processes for managing and invoicing both contracted and ad hoc work
- Duplication in data entry as a result of poor integration with other packages or over-reliance on MS-Excel
- Poor implementation of standards auditing and ineffective reporting
How does TemplaCMS address these and other challenges?
The fundamental issue at the root of these problems is multiple, unconnected systems. With many systems used to store data and manage different business processes, it is often difficult to guarantee the accurate completion of transactions or to analyse their results effectively. TemplaCMS resolves this problem by centralising all contract data in a single database. The TemplaCMS business modules then use this single integrated data resource to process and analyse internal and external transactions in a consistent way, using the single accurate version of the data. One version of the truth!
Through its individual business modules, TemplaCMS helps you maintain financial control whilst delivering the highest standards of quality assurance and customer service. The integrated modules are categorised into three areas - Core System, Service Point and Add-Ins
1. CORE SYSTEM
The Core System includes all the business processes required to manage the back-office administration of a facilities contract. The modules include:
- Contracts. A centralised real-time contract database offers instant securable information to staff at all levels.
- Budgets. Accurate comparison of budget and actual spend within pay and purchasing potentially saves £000s.
- Pay. Integrated ‘live’ e-timesheets and workflow approval radically improves pay cycle completion.
- Work Bills. Automated control of periodic and one-off work ensures work is completed and invoiced promptly, with discrete work-bill profit and loss.
- Stores Control. Full purchasing control of the business, budget management and workflow approval can reduce unnecessary expenditure.
- Billing. Automated billing of contracts, one-off work and rechargeable consumables means no lost revenue.
- Accounts Integration. Multiple companies, multiple payrolls and cycles, with shared and secured databases, means no data errors.
- Analytics. Instant profit and loss accounts highlight loss making clients, sites or managers, improving decision making.
- Asset Management. Identifying where assets are held and whether they have been PAT tested ensures compliance.
- Workflow and Documents. Automated workflow-driven decision processing increases accountability and improves productivity. Integrated document management centralises all business correspondence.
2. SERVICE POINT
Service Point is a suite of optional additional service-related modules. They are fully integrated with the Core System where this is already in use. Modules include:
- Mobile CMS Mobile device technology means operations staff become more effective and productive.
- Quality Audits Scheduled auditing and KPI measurement monitors and improves service delivery.
- Customer Service Help desk management of SLA delivery increases customer satisfaction.
- Customer Portal Real-time KPI information and work schedules improve client transparency.
- Employee Portal Two-way communication with employees, including access to payslips, holiday planners, personal data and your organisation’s policies and procedures.
Add-Ins are a series of optional additional modules that are fully integrated with the Core System where this is already in use.
- TemplaCMS T&A. Time and attendance with 2-way real-time integration to rosters and pay, deployed via a range of hardware technology at service locations.
- Dashboards. User-defined KPI graphs and alerts promote a pro-active work environment.
- Advanced Forms. Electronic forms completed on site automatically update the contract database when synchronised to the server, for example to speed up new starter onboarding.
- Hygiene Services. Scheduled routing and delivery of in-house washroom products, with mobile device integration for delivery confirmation, including automated billing.
- Award Interpretation. Common in Australasia, Scandinavia and the USA. Manages collective agreement-style, negotiated pay terms and automates worked time payments.
- Projects. Manages services for complex one-off work delivered in stages, handling multiple subcontractors and suppliers. Consolidates costs and revenues into discrete project profit and loss.
INTERGATION TO 3RD PARTY SYSTEMS
TemplaCMS is a modular solution where each links to the other seamlessly. This design strategy is the foundation for extending integration out to external systems and stakeholders to help you manage your business from end to end.
How is TemplaCMS integrated internally?
The reason we call TemplaCMS an integrated system is because each of its business modules shares the same data source in order to process your organisation’s business transactions. There is only one version of the data – held in the single, central contracts database. This makes it simple to update and eliminates data errors.
Our clear objective in product design is for dynamic integration of data and software whenever possible, as manual file export and import is unreliable and time consuming. As well as being more accurate, dynamic integration saves valuable time both in field operations and administration. It makes information more immediately available, to the right people at the right time, presenting a professional image to staff and clients alike.
How does TemplaCMS integrate externally?
- Payroll. TemplaCMS links dynamically to any recognised payroll software, sharing employee details. Electronic, real-time timesheets provide payroll and operations managers with accurate up to date information, managing multi-site employees’ pay and holiday. Employees may view payslips, organisational information and other personal data through TemplaCMS Employee Portal.
- Time and Attendance. TemplaCMS delivers a 2-way interface with any recognised time and attendance software, using single data entry to drive the database setup in both systems. Employees’ worked hours directly enter our real-time timesheets which are then fully reconciled to contracted hours and budgets.
- Accounts. TemplaCMS links dynamically to any recognised accounts software, sharing client and supplier details. Full cost and revenue stream analysis, along with budgets, offer full and accurate financial control of sites, clients, operations and the organisation itself, with profit reporting at the touch of a button.
- Billing. Client contract billing is automatically generated in line with contract terms at pre-agreed intervals. Supplementary charges for consumables and one-off work, whether carried out by internal teams or subcontractors, are integrated into the billing process, with flexible options on document presentation and delivery.
- Clients. TemplaCMS Customer Portal offers access to contract, financial and operational data and documents. This can include specifications, work schedules, outstanding/copy invoices, quality audit results and help desk service requests.
- Operations. Templa Mobile integrates both operations management and special works teams to the central system. Tasks such as completing quality audits, ordering stores, managing periodic and one-off work or site equipment, are all available. User-defined forms extend the ability to alleviate operations admin, e.g. new starters.